Launch X431 V 8'' Lenovo Tablet PC can replace X-431 V WiFi/Bluetooth and with 2 years free update on the official site. It communicates with your car by connecting DBSCAR with Bluetooth. it achieves X431 series full car model and full-system diagnose function. It integrates more application and service, such as creating maintenance data base and case library, providing instant maintenance information, establishing public and private maintenance social circle etc.
Launch X431 V 8 Diagnosis Function:
1. Full Diagnosis Function:
X431 V can diagnose the electronic control system of prevailing vehicle models covering Asian, European, American and Chinese. Full range car models and full car system diagnosis make it a professional automotive diagnostic tool.
Diagnosis functions include:
Read DTCs, Clear DTCs, Read datastream, Special functions etc;
X431 V-series product have so many advantage such as widely coverage at vehicle model, powerful test function, more special function, more accurate test data etc.
1.With special function such as BMW idle study, BMW injection rate adjustment, BMW battery replacement, Nissan matching key.
2.In addition to support Benz, BMW, Ford and other mainstream models, also support IRKIA, PERODUA, Proton, TATA, Maruti, Lancia and other domestic model from all over the world.
3.Full system Diagnosis.
2. Connecting by Bluetooth
X431 V communicates via Bluetooth, it is very easy to use. X431 V Pad computer is specially designed for Android platform with clear and user-friendly interface. X431 V Pad computer is equipped with an exclusive X-431 V protection sleeve to prevent it from being damaged;
The owner can use golo connector to connect to his smart phone, then he can do a all system fault diagnosis of vehicle at any time, then form a diagnosis report, and transfer the report to maintenance technicians and related personnel through the account management interface, then he get the remote consultation and repair advice.
Built-in Wi-Fi module makes surfing on the internet freely;
Through the settings, you are allowed to configure the personalized X-431 V;
Enables you to locate your target quickly and conveniently;
Allows you to send and receive email. External POP3 or IMAP email account for some common Web email service provider can be added;
You can manage the files or downloaded files stored in SD card efficiently;
8. Other Additional Functions:
Alarm, calendar, calculator etc.
Other android-based applications can be customized to install or uninstall.
Operating system:Android 4.2
Display:8"TN capacitive touch screen
Capacity (internal / SD card):16GB
Camera:Front 2 mp / Back 5mp
Launch X431 V 8 Vehicle List:
Renault,VW,Liuwei_TY,ZhongXing,Opel,Maruti,Ssangyong,Mitsubishi,XinKai,Jiao,Infiniti,Tlisuzu,Daewoo,Flyer,CItroen,HaoQing,Gaz,JinLong,Tata,BXGM,Rover,Benz,ChangCheng,GMSA,ChangHe,Jacty,BMW,ChangGan,LANCIA,QiRui_TY,Toyota,VAZ,JAGUAR,KIA,Lexus,RESETIMMO,WeiLi,AutoSearch,Maserati,Ferrari,ECUAID,Buick,Bugatti,AustFord,Nissan,Daihatsu,Hyundai,Holden,Proton,Dacia,Perodua,US Ford,Peugeot,Subaru,Romeo,Hafei,Land rover,GM,BXFiat,Audi,QOROS,Porsche,Isuzu,Fiat,Chrysler,JPISUZU,Smart,HuaChen,XiaLi,Skoda,EuropeFord,Saab,Volvo,Sprinter(HM),ZhongShun,Honda,ZhongTai,Acura,Seat,Mazda,Suzuki,Mahindra,Chevrolet,Cadi,LLAC,ROLLSROYCE,Bentley,MAYBACH.
Launch X431 Reset Service Function:
In addition to amazing & powerful diagnostic function, X-431 V also features various service functions. The most commonly performed service functions contain:
a) Oil Reset Service
This function can be performed in the following cases:
1. If the service lamp is on, you must provide service for the car. After service,you need to reset the driving mileage or driving time so that the service lamp turns off and the system enables the new service cycle.
2. After changing engine oil or electric appliances that monitor oil life, you needto reset the service lamp.'
b) Steering Angle Calibration
1. To reset the steering angle, first find the relative zero point position for the car to drive in straight line. Taking this position as reference, the ECU can calculate the accurate angle for left and right steering.
2. After replacing the steering angle position sensor, replacing steering mechanical parts (such as steering gearbox, steering column, end tie rod, steering knuckle), performing four-wheel alignment, or recovering car body,you must reset the steering angle.
c) Electronic Parking Brake Reset
1. If the brake pad wears the brake pad sense line, the brake pad sense linesends a signal sense line to the on-board computer to replace the brake pad.After replacing the brake pad, you must reset the brake pad. Otherwise, the car alarms.
2. Reset must be performed in the following cases:
The brake pad and brake pad wear sensor are replaced.
The brake pad indicator lamp is on.
The brake pad sensor circuit is short, which is recovered.
The servo motor is replaced.
d) ABS Bleeding
This function allows you to perform various bi-directional tests to check the operating conditions of Anti-lock Braking System (ABS).
1) When the ABS contains air, the ABS bleeding function must be performed to bleed the brake system to restore ABS brake sensitivity.
2) If the ABS computer, ABS pump, brake master cylinder, brake cylinder, brake line, or brake fluid is replaced, the ABS bleeding function must be performed to bleed the ABS.
e) Electronic Throttle Position Reset / Learn
This function enables you to initialize the throttle actuators so that the “learned” values stored on ECU are returned to the default state. Doing so can accurately regulate throttle (or idle engine) operations to control the amount of air intake. Throttle matching must be performed in the following cases:
1) The ECU is replaced and the ECU does not yet store throttle working features.
2) The ECU is disconnected from power and the ECU memory is lost.
3) The throttle assembly is replaced.
4) The intake pipe is replaced or removed, which affects idle speed control by ECU and throttle body.
5) The throttle is cleaned. Although the idle throttle potentiometer features remain unchanged, with the same throttle opening, the air inflow has changed and idle speed control features have changed.
f) Battery Register/Battery Maintenance
This function enables you to perform a resetting operation on the monitoring unit of vehicle battery, in which the original low battery fault information will be cleared and battery matching will be done.
Battery matching must be performed in the following cases:
1) Main battery is replaced. Battery matching must be performed to clear original low battery information and prevent the related control module from detecting false information. If the related control module detects false information, it will invalidate some electric auxiliary functions, such as automatic start & stop function, sunroof without one-key trigger function,power window without automatic function.
2) Battery monitoring sensor. Battery matching is performed to re-match the control module and motoring sensor to detect battery power usage more accurately, which can avoid an error message displaying on the instrument panel.
g) Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Regeneration
DPF regeneration is used to clear PM (Particulate Matter) from the DPF filter through continuous combustion oxidation mode (such as high temperature heating combustion, fuel additive or catalyst reduce PM ignition combustion) to stabilize the filter performance.
DPF regeneration may be performed in the following cases:
1) The exhaust back pressure sensor is replaced.
2) The PM trap is removed or replaced.
3) The fuel additive nozzle is removed or replaced.
4) The catalytic oxidizer is removed or replaced.
5) The DPF regeneration MIL is on and maintenance is performed.
6) The DPF regeneration control module is rep
7) Tire Pressure Monitor System Reset
How to connect Launch X431 V8 to Vehicle:
The method used to connect the diagnostic connector to a vehicle’s DLC depends on the vehicle’s configuration as follows:
1)A vehicle equipped with an OBD II management system supplies both communication and 12V power through a standardized DLC.
2)A vehicle not equipped with an OBD II management system supplies communication through a DLC connection, and in some cases supplies 12V power through the cigarette lighter receptacle or a connection to the vehicle battery.
Follow the steps mentioned below to connect OBD II vehicle:
1. Locate vehicle’s DLC socket.
2. Plug the diagnostic connector into the vehicle’s DLC socket (It is suggested to use the OBD II extension cable to connect the diagnostic connector and DLC socket.).
3. Choose one of the two ways to obtain power from:
a) Power adaptor: Connect one end of the included power adaptor to DC IN port of X-431 V tablet, and the other end to AC outlet.
b) Internal battery pack
For non-OBDII vehicle, proceed as follows:
1. Locate vehicle’s DLC socket.
2. Select the corresponding non-16pin connector.
3. Plug the non-16pin end of the connector into the DLC socket, then connect the other end to the OBD I adaptor, and then tighten the captive screws.
4. Connect the other end of the adaptor to the included diagnostic connector.
5. To supply power to OBD I adaptor from:
a) Cigarette Lighter: Connect one end of the cigarette lighter cable to vehicle’s cigarette lighter receptacle, and the other end to the power jack of OBD I adaptor.
b) Battery Clamps Cable: Connect one end of the battery clamps cable to vehicle’s battery, and the other end to the power jack of OBD I adaptor.
Launch X431 5C Pro vs. Launch X-431 V Pro vs. 2017 Launch X431 8″ Lenvono Tablet
||Launch X431 5C Pro
||Launch X431 V Pro
||New Launch X431 V 8 inch
||Dual core 1.0Ghz
||Dual core 1.0Ghz
||Quard core 1.3Ghz
||2GB (can be 32GB)
||2GB (can be 32GB)
||16GB (can be 32GB)
||Red & small;
On the main unit
|Red & big under the main unit
||Black & big;
Under the main unit
||Red & yellow paper
||Red & yellow paper
||White & greenpaper
||Free Update Online
||1 year free update online
||2-year free update online
||2-year free update online
Launch X431 V 8 FAQ:
1. How to save power?
Please turn off the screen while X-431 V keeps idle.
Set a shorter standby time.
Decrease the brightness of the screen.
If WLAN connection is not required, please turn it off.
Disable GPS function if GPS service is not in use.
2. What should I do in case I forgot the screen lock?
You can set screen lock as pattern or password. If you forgot the password,please consult your device provider or reset your device.
Resetting may cause data loss. Before use, please make sure important data has been backed up.
3. How to do if the system runs slow?
In this case, please do the followings:
> Check all running applications and stop the unnecessary applications (Steps:Settings --> Apps --> Running --> Tap the desired application and then tap
> Check all installed applications, remove the unnecessary applications (Steps:Settings --> Apps --> Downloaded --> Tap the desired application and then tap “Uninstall”).
If all steps mentioned above are finished and the system still works slowly.Please try to close the system and reboot your X-431 V.
4. How to handle when you encounter “Insufficient storage space”?
If this happens while downloading the diagnostic software, please proceed as follows:
1) Get your X-431 V username and password ready. If you forgot the password, please dial our hotline to retrieve it with the product serial number 98549*******.
2) Reset the X-431 V to the default factory settings (For details, please refer to Item 5 in this Chapter).
3) Tap “Settings” --> “WLAN”, choose the desired WLAN network to connect.
4) Open the browser and visit www.dbscar.com to download and install the latest App.
5) After the installation is complete, launch the application and login with your username and password.
6) Tap --> “Update” to download the diagnostic software.
5. How to reset X-431 V?
Resetting may cause data loss. Before doing so, please make sure important data and information has been backed up.Do the following to reset X-431 V:
1) Tap “Settings” --> “Back & Reset”;
2) Tap “Factory data reset”;
3) Tap “Reset tablet”;
4) Tap “Clear all data” to start resetting until the tool automatically reboots.
6. Why some videos on the website can be not played?
It possibly results from:
1) The current browser does not support Flash playing;
2) Flash player does not support this video.
Try to use other browsers to watch it or install other Flash player
7. The date and time of X-431 V cannot be set.
It is because Automatic date & time is set on your X-431 V. Tap “Settings” -->“Date & time”, deselect “Automatic date & time” and then set the date and time manually.
Launch X431 V 8 Packing List:
1pc x X-431 v pad computer
1pc x Password envelope
1pc x X-431 v protection sleeve
1pc x DBScar diagnostic connector
1pc x OBD II extension cable
1pc x Cigarette lighter cable
1pc x Power adaptor
1pc x USB data cable
1pc x Non-16pin connector